[OSM-talk] England, Wales, Scotland borders

Ed Avis eda at waniasset.com
Wed Oct 7 13:21:37 BST 2009

Peter Childs <pchilds <at> bcs.org> writes:

>>The regional development agencies have quite big budgets, actually. But I'd
>>agree that "England" needs to have it's own level.
>
>I think admin_level=5 and an update to the wiki might be the best move.

I might have confused 'regions' with 'regional development agencies'.  The latter
do not have any real powers but the regions do at least elect MEPs.

<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Regions_of_England>
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Regional_development_agency>

So, although for most government purposes there is no layer in between
English counties (outside London) and Westminster, the regions do just about
exist for various obscure purposes, so I'd grudgingly accept they should be
accorded an admin_level.

--
Ed Avis <eda at waniasset.com>