[OSM-talk] Residential road on a hill

Arlindo Pereira nighto at nighto.net
Wed Oct 7 16:59:42 BST 2009

Hi there,

there's a residential road on a hill near my house (this one:
http://osm.org/go/OVc0itC2c- ) that doesn't go from bottom to the top of it,
but runs in a longitudinal way. The thing it that it's sidewalks are not in
the same level. It's more or less like this:

___
   |_______
           |___
 a     b     c

Where b is the road itself and a and c are it's sidewalks. Those | (the
height difference from the road itself and the sidewalks) vary from 1 to 4
meters aproximately. Every 20 meter or so, there are some steps so that
people can go from a or c to b and cross the street.

How would you map this? Three lines, highway=residential and highway=footway
(or pedestrian?) with it's steps? If so, how would you express that this
highway=residential has no sidewalks? How would you express that a is higher
than b that is higher than c? I'm aware that level=* is used when things
cross, that doesn't seem to be the case.

Cheers,

--
Arlindo Saraiva Pereira Jr.

Bacharelando em Sistemas de Informação - UNIRIO - uniriotec.br
Consultor de Software Livre da Uniriotec Consultoria - uniriotec.com

Acadêmico: arlindo.pereira at uniriotec.br
Profissional: arlindo.pereira at uniriotec.com
Geral: contato at arlindopereira.com
Tel.: +5521 92504072