[OSM-talk] Google has dual carriage way where it's not built yet

Polderrunner opn-osm at ngc7000.org
Wed Oct 7 19:34:56 BST 2009

We certainly can't beat Google here!

http://sautter.com/map/?zoom=15&lat=52.00686&lon=4.32042&layers=B00000TFFFFF
(use the slider to blend the osm map in and out)

Google Maps are years ahead of reality in this new construction area.
All the streets 'missing' from OSM are also non-existent in the real
landscape. Most of those fanthom streets haven't even started to be
built yet. I surveyed the 'forbidden' roads in the middle some time ago
and what you see on the osm map is really what's on the ground at the
moment.