[OSM-talk] Instead of voting

Sun Oct 11 09:21:33 BST 2009

Pieren wrote:
> And, btw, I think that discussions about tagging is central enough in
> OSM project that it should stay in the main talk list.

You're entitled to that view. Similarly, I think that discussions about
licences are central enough to OSM that they should be given the maximum
exposure. Someone else probably thinks the same about JOSM's UI. Or the
default Mapnik rendering. Or whatever.

But others may not agree. Personally I'm glad that house numbers are
being debated right now on tagging@ rather than talk@, not least because
I've never tagged a house number in my life and don't intend to ever do
so. Personally I'm glad that JOSM's UI is being debated on josm-dev@
because I don't use JOSM. And so on.

OSM is a thousand things to a thousand people. What's central to you
might not be central to others. Different lists give that flexibility.

cheers
Richard