[OSM-talk] Instead of voting

Sun Oct 11 12:19:46 BST 2009

John Smith wrote:
> What exactly, in your opinion, should the talk list be used for
> exactly, now that everything has been branched off to it's own list?

 From a quick scan through the last couple of months, perhaps stuff
like: feeds, Software Freedom Day, GPS in planes, 35 servers from
Wikimedia Foundation, persistence of ids, mugs, a campaign about Google
imagery, the Economist, Monopoly, the evolution of a map through time, a
countryside mapping tool, cartography, relations vs superways, what to
map first, OpenStreetView, getting field data, Poland, our own
satellite, translations, definitive maps, iPhones, coastline quality,
the amount of water on the planet, adjoining geometries, EGNOS, funny
posters, what "blocks" mean, maps for the blind, WMS, national
boundaries, the site title bar, national websites, expanding the API,
Bing, spam, Panogate, automatic simplification, GPS accuracy, search
engines indexing OSM, Local Chapters update, RC helicopters,
multipolygon rendering, meeting minutes, video surveying, historic
mapping, duplicate ways, and Twitter.

cheers
Richard