[OSM-talk] Visual map for the blind

Lulu-Ann at gmx.de Lulu-Ann at gmx.de
Mon Oct 12 15:07:38 BST 2009

> >> What tag would you use for bus/tram stops with a "i" button that reads
> >> out the information about trams soonest to arrive, aloud?
> >
> > I have never seen those before.
> >
> > Not proposed yet, but I guess many things need explanation,
> > so I would tag it like that:
> >
> > tourism=information
> > information=acoustic_text
> > schedule times
>
> It doesn't seem like a tourism thing to me, wouldn't they be designed
> for people that live in the area?

Well, ordinary maps and tactile maps are used by people living in that area, too, but the "information" tag is placed in "tourism".
That does not matter, because we can display elements from any namespaces on any map.

Regards
Lulu-Ann
--
Neu: GMX DSL bis 50.000 kBit/s und 200,- Euro Startguthaben!
http://portal.gmx.net/de/go/dsl02