[OSM-talk] [tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - (boundary=military)

Morten Kjeldgaard mok at bioxray.au.dk
Tue Oct 13 18:27:06 BST 2009

On 13/10/2009, at 10.14, Gilles Corlobé wrote:

> Hello everybody,
> I propose to add a tag "boundary=military" : the problem is that,
> with the existing tags, it's almost impossible to mark correctly
> lots of data, like (non limitative list) forest, scholl, parking
> lot, …
> Rather than multiplying the "military=*" tag, I suggest to only mark
> the external limit of the military area.
>
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/Military_base
>
> Comments are welcomed on http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Talk:Proposed_features/Military_base

To be honest I don't see the point. You should use the already
existing landuse=military. School, parking lot, etc. that you
mentioned should be rendered on top of that, like landuse=residential.
Using "landuse" also avoids certain ambiguities like: which side of
the boundary is the military area?

Cheers,
Morten