[OSM-talk] [tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - (boundary=military)

Russ Nelson nelson at crynwr.com
Thu Oct 15 19:33:15 BST 2009

To show people how you're using it.  http://osm.org/....

 > Doesn't it make sense to ask around before using something -
 > someone may come up with a good example they are already using,

If I want to use key=value, and key=value isn't defined yet, then *by
definition* anybody else's example isn't good.  If it was good, then
it would capture all the key=values that have the same meaning.

For example, if you think it should be boundary=military/service=army
rather than boundary=army, then you should put in a redirect from
Tag:boundary=army to Tag:boundary=military#army .  If somebody
disagrees with you, they can edit that page away from being a simple
redirect, insert their reasoning and include
Tag:boundary=military#army as a link to "other people have different
opinions".

 > or a simple reason why your tag is not good.

Could you list some simple reasons, please?  I don't understand what
you mean by "not good".

Crynwr supports open source software
521 Pleasant Valley Rd. | +1 315-323-1241
Potsdam, NY 13676-3213  |     Sheepdog