[OSM-talk] [tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - (boundary=military)

Russ Nelson nelson at crynwr.com
Fri Oct 16 01:18:49 BST 2009

Liz writes:
 > On Fri, 16 Oct 2009, Russ Nelson wrote:
 > >  > or a simple reason why your tag is not good.
 > >
 > > Could you list some simple reasons, please?  I don't understand what
 > > you mean by "not good".

 > simple example
 > I tagged shop=lawyer
 > On this list someone said that they didn't think that lawyer belonged in shop
 > but office=legal.

I saw that.  Simply because someone else offered a different idea
doesn't make your idea "not good".  If I suggested that it should be
tagged "shop=office" AND "office=legal", would that be a better idea?

Neither one is documented in the wiki:
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:office=legal
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:shop=lawyer

(A note to anybody who thinks the wiki shouldn't be the be-all and
end-all: do you think that tags should all be documented?  Do you
think they should be documented in one place?  Then if not the wiki,
where?

Crynwr supports open source software
521 Pleasant Valley Rd. | +1 315-323-1241
Potsdam, NY 13676-3213  |     Sheepdog