[OSM-talk] [tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - (man_made=mineshaft)

Peter Childs pchilds at bcs.org
Tue Oct 20 11:26:03 BST 2009

2009/10/20 Lesi <lesi at lesi.is-a-geek.net>

> Hello,
>
> based on an old (abandoned) proposal and on a discussion in the German
> board
> I have created a new proposal for tagging mineshafts:
>
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/Mineshaft
>
> In addition to this proposal I would like to discuss the tag resource. In
> my
> proposal resource is used to describe what is mined for with the mineshaft.
> These resources are the same that can be used in a power plant, but there
> they are tagged as power source. It's the same with pumping_rig and
> pipelines, where this resources are tagged as type. What do you think about
> standardizing this and replacing all this different tags with one:
> resource?
>
> lesi

Not sure thats going to work....

Power Plants produce Electricity from the resource
Mine Shafts produce the resource.
A Processing Plant, will produce one resource and take in a different one,

I agree standardizing on resource might be a good idea but we might need
resource_output and resource_input or somthing

Peter.