[OSM-talk] [tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - (man_made=mineshaft)

Lesi lesi at lesi.is-a-geek.net
Tue Oct 20 13:45:38 BST 2009

> It would be helpful to know what people are mapping these features as
> currently - looking in the UK I can see one "man-made=mineshaft" and no
> references to "surface_mining".  Do you know what people are using
> currently?

In the area I map the mineshafts are currently not mapped at all. Also
looking at mineshafts in other parts of the world they are very often not
mapped. Sometimes they are tagged with tourism=attraction (especially when
they can be visited), sometimes with historic=mine (if they are disused),
sometimes there is only a note, that there is a mineshaft. But it seems
mostly they are not mapped because people do not know how to tag them.

lesi