[OSM-talk] Reading AutoCAD .dwg in JOSM/Merkaartor on Mac

Aun Yngve Johnsen lists at gimnechiske.org
Wed Oct 21 21:55:38 BST 2009

Hi

I have got hold on some maps in AutoCAD .dwg format, and want to use
it as a layer for tracing roads, buildings, and other features into
OSM. I am Mac user, but have access to Linux (Ubuntu) if I need that
to convert the data or to set up a WMS/TMS with the data. I just
wonder if anybody out there have any good advices for this type of
imports.

All the mentioned maps are in Public Domain. The maps contains all
property borders, houses, street names, place names, important
building names, and much more, devided into municipals.

I also have a lot of .pdf files with map snippets with a similar data
structure.

brgds
Aun Johnsen