[OSM-talk] [tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC -(man_made=mineshaft)

Russ Nelson nelson at crynwr.com
Thu Oct 22 04:20:50 BST 2009

Gustav Foseid writes:
 > Is it a cafe? No. Should it be tagged as a cafe? No.

Clearly one could verify that the location seems to be a cafe.  Thus
this is not a question about whether it should be tagged, but instead
how it should be tagged as a former cafe.  May I suggest use of the
Nelson Algorithm for resolving this controvery?  Create
Tag:amenity=formercafe and edit Tag:amenity=cafe to point to
Tag:amnenity=formercafe ?

The fact that this discussion has mutated and blossomed tells me that
we've gotten away from documentable fact and gotten into the realm of
opinion.

Crynwr supports open source software
521 Pleasant Valley Rd. | +1 315-323-1241
Potsdam, NY 13676-3213  |     Sheepdog