[OSM-talk] OSM for Software Freedom Day

Robert Schumann robert at softwarefreedomday.org
Mon Oct 26 09:22:27 GMT 2009

Hi all,

I'm writing on behalf of Software Freedom International, the organisation
that runs Software Freedom Day <http://softwarefreedomday.org/> (SFD). We
currently have a registration system for teams taking part in SFD that puts
a pin in the map for teams, and we'd like to migrate that system onto OSM.

The 2009 teams can be seen at
http://cgi.softwarefreedomday.org/2009/map.shtml, and uses Google Maps.

What we're looking for is a volunteer (or volunteers!) to work alongside our
technical team to make a slick, easy to use registration system - integrated
with the rest of our site - and a great-looking map to raise the profile of
software freedom. Apart from taking on responsibility for developing the
registration system and map, you'll be expected to attend regular IRC
meetings and coordinate your work with that of other SFI officers and board
members. The opportunity also exists to join the board and be involved in
developing our strategy.

If you think you're the right person, please send a CV or summary of
relevant experience to info at softwarefreedomday.org (not this mailing list!),
with the words "Application: OSM mapping for SFD" in the email subject line.
The deadline for applications is 6 November 2009. Any questions regarding
this position should be directed to info at softwarefreedomday.org (not this
mailing list!).

SFI is a 501(c)(3) non-profit company registered in New Hampshire, USA; all
SFI's members and officers are volunteers who do not receive any financial
remuneration for their contribution to SFI apart from approved expenses. We
have been organising SFD since 2004 and have supported events in over 90
countries since then, with help from sponsors and partners including
Canonical/Ubuntu, Sun, Google, IBM, Red Hat/Fedora, Linux Magazine and the
Free Software Foundation.

Robert Schumann
President, Software Freedom International