[OSM-talk] Mapping islands question

Joe Pranevich jpranevich at gmail.com
Tue Oct 27 22:47:38 GMT 2009

Hello,

I'm trying to fix Hutchinson Island, Florida (
http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=27.526&lon=-80.2964&zoom=14&layers=B000FTF)
and the main issue is that the island's coastlines were very wrong. (Roads
off the coast, the coastline at one point crossed over itself as a
figure-eight, etc.) And I've made these changes and made sure that the
coasts were connected and running counter-clockwise, but the changes don't
appear -- but the streets and other changes that I've made while doing this
have appeared.

Am I doing something wrong with setting up the islands? Or are coastlines
rendered on a different schedule (not "real time") and so I need to wait
until later in the week to see whether it's fixed or not?

Thanks,

Joe