[OSM-talk] [tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - (man_made=mineshaft)

Lesi lesi at lesi.is-a-geek.net
Tue Oct 27 23:06:36 GMT 2009

> 2009/10/24 Lesi <lesi at lesi.is-a-geek.net>:
>
>> - In the forum somebody has suggested to add a tag for the name of the
>> mine
>> the mineshaft belongs to. At first I thought this would be the same as
>> operator, but actually it is not. So which tag would be appropriate?
>> mine=...?
>
> to associate the mineshaft to the mine I'd not recommend to do it with
> tags but either with a polygon, or with a relation (e.g.
> site-relation) or both.
>
> cheers,
> Martin

I do not see a possibility to express it with a polygon. Mineshaft are often
outside of the main area of the mine.
I already thought about a relation. But AFAIK the site-relation is also just
a proposal at the moment.
Besides it is quite easy to map a mineshaft, but difficult to map the rest
of the mine, if there are no satellite pictures. And it would be senseless
to make a relation which contains only the mineshaft.
So IMO there should be tag with the name of the mine. This does not prevent
to add the mineshaft to a site-relation as well.

lesi