[OSM-talk] Illegal activity

Ulf Lamping ulf.lamping at googlemail.com
Thu Oct 29 00:05:14 GMT 2009

Stefan de Konink schrieb:
> On Wed, 28 Oct 2009, Valent Turkovic wrote:
>
>> http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?showtopic=40148
>>
>> what to do with OSM mappers like these guys in this post?
>>
>> They say that they are using Google Earth images :(
>
> In some countries factual information is a legal source for derived data.

So ... does that mean we can use these factual information only in
*that* country? Or does that mean that once the copyright in this
specific country is "circumvented" caused by a less restrictive
copyright law in that country can be used even in a country with very
strict copyright rules?!?

... still confused about copyright ...

Regards, ULFL