[OSM-talk] Potlatch doing source=GPS in error?

Ed Loach ed at loach.me.uk
Thu Sep 24 08:58:57 BST 2009

John wrote:

> As best as we can tell the wiki only covers source=survey which
> is on
> the map features page so why does potlatch use source=GPS?

We?

Anyway, you all seem to have missed source=User Defined on map
features and the whole of the Key:source page. While GPS isn't
specifically mentioned anywhere that I can see, source=GPS is
clearly a more detailed use than source=survey which could be "or
other physical survey" (Map Features). I personally don't bother
with source=GPS as I upload the tracks and make them public, so it
is fairly obvious in JOSM what the source is (less so in Potlatch
when only most recent traces show I believe, so not all tracks are
always visible when you press g).

As you all can see from Tagwatch there are many variations on a
theme:
http://tagwatch.stoecker.eu/Great_britain/En/ignored_source.html

Ed