[OSM-talk] Death by a thousand nitpicks

Iván Sánchez Ortega ivan at sanchezortega.es
Wed Aug 4 15:24:51 BST 2010

On 04/08/2010 16:17, Stefan de Konink wrote:
> Do you really think that the OSMF tries to sue? Given their biggest
> license debate stuff is currently 'the license is not appropriate'?

Hey, we'd sue the ass off Nike if they didn't have a "litigation
department". And if we could actually enforce the license over the data
(which we can't, 'cause it's still CC-by-sa and not yet ODbL).

> Worst case it becomes factual data, protected by some local laws or
> european dirrective. Sadly the fud is indeed the main issue.

Hey, if the USGS can take over OSM in the US and make it public domain,
don't expect me to exactly cry all over it :-)

Best,