[OSM-talk] Death by a thousand nitpicks

ce-test, qualified testing bv - Gert Gremmen g.gremmen at cetest.nl
Wed Aug 4 18:57:50 BST 2010

Maybe because you missed the irony ?

>If you scare the users of our data away by hiring lawyers to nitpick
over how OSM is represented

>in every which way then there's really no point in collecting all this
data, is there

+1

So get rid of any license, as a license without lawyers, is of no
meaning !

OSM got to the level of maturity that market players (such as BING/MS)
without ANY scruples

are getting interested. None of us is going to defend against the legal
power

of any such player, whatever the strength of the license.

In a few years OSM will be the one of the three major map providers
world wide

with advantages over the other 2, that we all know and appreciate.

Donate it to "the world", make it free as in free , not free as in free
beer.

What do we have to loose ?

Gert