[OSM-talk] Revert requests in general

Serge Wroclawski emacsen at gmail.com
Thu Aug 5 14:23:42 BST 2010

It seems to me we have two sides trying to reach the same end point.

Ben and NearMap want to make it easy for people to use and contribute to OSM.

Steve and Frederik want to ensure for technical and legal reasons that
the changes from NearMap users doesn't cause problems in the OSM
database.

It seems like the solution to both is staring everyone in the face,
since it's been mentioned.

Ben, why not look at the Rails code and offer an OpenID authentication
mechanism. I can't speak for the administrators, but it seems like if
some simple solution could be created that solves this ongoing issue
with OpenID, that it would solve your problem entirely and benefit OSM
directly.

Maybe start here:

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Committing_to_the_rails_port

- Serge