[OSM-talk] Revert requests in general

Richard Fairhurst richard at systemed.net
Fri Aug 6 13:56:29 BST 2010

Nick Black wrote:
> The current mechanism by which Mapzen and Mapzen POI Collector
> users authenticate against OSM is horrible for users.

At the risk of being really hand-wavy and imprecise, I'd just say: Twitter's
OAuth UI is really exemplary. It's a great demonstration of how to get it
right. Every time I use an OAuth app with Twitter I think "wow, is that all
there is to it?".

There's a slight difference in that the usual Twitter OAuth experience is
with a user who already has a Twitter account, whereas what we're talking
about here is setting up the account in the first place. But that's not
insurmountable.

cheers
Richard