[OSM-talk] Revert requests in general

SteveC steve at asklater.com
Fri Aug 6 23:26:31 BST 2010

On Aug 6, 2010, at 4:21 PM, John Smith wrote:

> On 7 August 2010 03:14, SteveC <steve at asklater.com> wrote:
>> If they have several orders of magnitude more money then probably the cost/benefit tradeoff would suggest throwing out the data is the better option.
>
> Even wikipedia doesn't take that attitude, they're currently being
> threatened by the FBI over a SVG image.

How much money does the wikimedia foundation have?

How much money does OSMF have?

At a guess, they have approximately 1,000 times our resources.

Therefore, they have more hope in a fight like that.

I'm not saying that's how it should be forever, or it's a wonderful situation, I'm just pointing out the realities of where we are right now.

Steve

stevecoast.com