[OSM-talk] Frederik declares war on data imports...

andrzej zaborowski balrogg at gmail.com
Sun Aug 8 13:24:03 BST 2010

On 8 August 2010 13:25, 80n <80n80n at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Aug 8, 2010 at 11:51 AM, Richard Fairhurst <richard at systemed.net>
> wrote:
> What mandate does LWG have to change the contributor terms anyway?  Would
> they need to put it to a vote of OSMF members or would they need to follow
> the guidelines that the CT lays down?  Perhaps they should add an "or later"
> clause while they are at it so that they can change the contributor terms
> any time they like.

BTW the "I consider my edits public domain" button will give the OSMF
the same rights that the current CT section 3 would give it, too.  The
proposed change just gives the contributors a new choice.

I'm a little surprised that there has been no flame^Wdiscussion about
the order of the buttons yet, as the UI designers always observe that
the defaults is always what 90% of users will choose.

Cheers