[OSM-talk] Frederik declares war on data imports...

John Smith deltafoxtrot256 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 8 18:43:52 BST 2010

2010/8/9 80n <80n80n at gmail.com>:
>> On Fri, Aug 6, 2010 at 1:04 PM, Nick Black <nickblack1 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi Guys,
>>
>>   The % of users actively contributing to OSM each month has fallen
>> from 5.7% in March 2010 (13,675 / 238,985) to 4.7% in June (297,041 /
>> 14,018).

Nick, how do you calculate the above numbers?

According to this page:

http://www.openstreetmap.org/stats/data_stats.html

There is only 286,291 accounts now, is this accurate?

I know there was an account purge at some stage, but I thought it was
before June?

If that is accurate, then the number of users making node edits has
dropped by almost 2,000 to 12,094 active contributors since June.