[OSM-talk] Frederik declares war on data imports...

Erik Johansson emj at kth.se
Mon Aug 9 00:58:40 BST 2010

2010/8/8 Dirk-Lüder Kreie <osm-list at deelkar.net>:
> Am 08.08.2010 16:59, schrieb John Smith:
>> On 9 August 2010 00:58, Erik Johansson <emj at kth.se> wrote:
>>> Australia 2 people per km^2
>>> Sweden 21 people per km^2
>>
>> Canada is ~3 people per km^2...
>
> You seem to forget that the most interesting Data (to most people) is
> also where the people are.

I formally invite you to come to Sweden, which I find a pretty
interesting place.

There are really nice views here, if enough European OSM:er spend
their vacation here we could probably map Sweden in 5 years? A great
place to start i Härjedalen beautiful mountains and lots of mapping to
do, even in areas where there are no people within 3 hours of travel.
So the interesting thing about these places (for most people) is that
there are few very ppl.

You can put those "blank spots" in Austria/Germany in perspective, and
get to map some really low density places; e.g. try to figure out the
name of a thousand lakes, mountains or the footpath you are on, it's
not like there are signs. :-)

Härjedalen with a few blank spots:
http://www.openstreetmap.org/?mlat=62.546&mlon=12.542&zoom=9

Even Stockholm has quite a few of those blankspots.
http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=59.32&lon=18.07&zoom=9

So Dirk and Cartinus when are you coming over to map Sweden?

/Erik who has spent lots of time in blank spots.