[OSM-talk] [OSM-legal-talk] decision removing data

Liz edodd at billiau.net
Tue Aug 10 00:56:30 BST 2010

On Tue, 10 Aug 2010, SteveC wrote:
> Thus, it slows everything down.
>
> Oh and this and other threads going on right now are good examples. It's
> explicitly slowing down and complicating the process, which is probably
> the aim of several of the people here.

I don't think it slows everything down, just some things.
My explicit aim is not to slow down nor complicate the process of licence
change, but to pull it to a halt.

I have had the same concerns with the licence change over a long period of
time.
I signed up to a CC-by-SA project. I did read the terms and check the licence
over at Creative Commons.
I have contributed to a CC-by-SA project.

Some of my work is incompatible with the proposed licence and contributor
terms. The only responses I get are along the lines of "relicence the source"
or "remove the imported data".

So far the technical work involved in "remove the imported data" or "remove
all my contributions" is incomplete. I have decided against relicencing my
work. Relicencing is breaking faith with the project as I signed up (November
07). I believe that I am entitled to my choice.

Am I prepared to leave and join a fork which remains CC-by-SA?
Yes I am. I have registered some domain names, intended for regional use, and
will choose and register some more if I determine there is support which
extends past our region.

Liz