[OSM-talk] Frederik declares war on data imports...

Liz edodd at billiau.net
Tue Aug 10 01:16:32 BST 2010

On Tue, 10 Aug 2010, Ian Dees wrote:
> > Most of the cases you are probably familiar with involve simple lists of
> > telephone numbers and subscribers.  The moment you add even the slightest
> > originality to a collection of facts then it become eligible for
> > copyright.
>
> Can you give examples of what you consider originality in the OSM database?

On tagging within the last 24 hours was a discussion on "Living Street".

"Living Street" in some jurisdictions is clearly defined. Marking those
streets so signed as highway=living_street is noting down a fact.

Deciding that a "Shared Zone" is highway=living_street is not a fact, it is my
or some other persons decision, and if the matter is not so clear at all, and
the decision is made as recommended on the street's features (low speed limit,
no marked centre line) then it is clearly an original decision.