[OSM-talk] Frederik declares war on data imports...

Richard Fairhurst richard at systemed.net
Tue Aug 10 09:47:12 BST 2010

80n wrote:
> Why don't you try this.  Import some Ordnance Survey Street View data
> into OSM, then render it as a Produced Work with the ODbL required
> attribution

I've written fairly extensively on this in talk-gb, but to reiterate a
posting from May:

> To comply with ODbL for data obtained from OSM, you have to at least
> provide attribution to OSM.
>
> That does not preclude that the data may have other attribution
> requirements, and it does not prevent you from fulfilling them.

Which, as David Ellams observes, for large attribution-required imports is
the same situation as we have now. I note that the recent Dundee cycle map
made with OSM data (http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidmam/4815063190/)
includes both OSM-original and OS-via-OSM, and correctly attributes both in
the bottom right corner.

cheers
Richard