[OSM-talk] CC-BY-SA derived ODbL data

John Smith deltafoxtrot256 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 10 12:04:50 BST 2010

On 10 August 2010 20:52, Serge Wroclawski <emacsen at gmail.com> wrote:
> The only people who are advocating "clean" data (ie no data at all)

It's slightly annoying to be told time after time after time to only
use "clean" data for OSM, but now that some people want a change it's
ok to have slightly less clean data under the new license...

> appear to be those who dislike the ODbL and would prefer OSM to fail,

This has nothing to do about wanting anything to fail, it's about not
loosing years of work due to some people not willing to compromise
over the CTs mostly, not the license.

> rather than see this license change. Personally, I think that's pretty
> petty.

I'm not being petty in the least, I want a compromise, but others have
outright refused to even consider any kind of a compromise that will
save years of work without resorting to shady legal tactics.