[OSM-talk] talk Digest, Vol 72, Issue 43

Richard Fairhurst richard at systemed.net
Tue Aug 10 14:05:48 BST 2010

John Smith wrote:
> No idea about printed maps, but several sites recently only linked
> to an attribute page on their site, rather than displaying it on top
> of the map, so maybe having a small lookup table of major
> contributors that can be linked to would be suitable?

We do. :) www.openstreetmap.org/copyright

This also gives the advice, consistent with our current licence and with
ODbL, that "where data from a national mapping agency or other major source
has been included in OpenStreetMap, it may be reasonable to credit them by
directly reproducing their credit or by linking to it on this page".

cheers
Richard