[OSM-talk] Wanted - spare CC-BY-SA account

Peteris Krisjanis pecisk at gmail.com
Tue Aug 10 19:20:02 BST 2010

2010/8/10 Peter Körner <osm-lists at mazdermind.de>:

> Am 10.08.2010 16:02, schrieb John Smith:
>>
>> If it won't end up PD why the limitation in the CTs?
>
> To keep the door open for the futuer. Nobody knows what will come. Are your
> problems that you don't trust the LWG? Then go on and do a fork -- it's that
> easy.

Peter, it is not about trust. It is about simple problem that it makes
any data which sources require attribution or/and share alike
incompatible with new CT.
It is/was reasonable to complain about this to LWG and I hope to hear
clear answer on this from them soon.

It is a paradox that while I can submit data which are attribution
and/or share-alike compatible, CT forbids me to do so because I can't
promise that license will be kept that way in these aspects.

I understand wishes to get OSM under PD in the future, but that ain't
gonna happen this way.

Cheers,
Peter.