[OSM-talk] Enough is enough: disinfecting OSM from poisonous people

Simon Ward simon at bleah.co.uk
Tue Aug 10 22:42:42 BST 2010

On Tue, Aug 10, 2010 at 04:20:02PM -0500, Ian Dees wrote:
> > “Mailing list posts should follow the topic and guidelines set by the
> > list”?

> Could it specify where to find the guidelines?

It could, but shouldn’t become another list of mailing lists, we already
have two.

> Simply saying "guidelines set by the list" makes it sound like it's a
> decision that was made by a vote of people on a mailing list.

How about “guidelines on the list-info page for the mailing list”?

I don’t know if Mailman’s list of mailing lists[1] can contain
customised text, but it could link to the code of conduct.  The list on
the wiki[2] can certainly link to it.