[OSM-talk] The story of one ticket.

Aleksandr Dezhin a.dezhin at gmail.com
Wed Aug 11 00:12:40 BST 2010

2010/8/11 Grant Slater <openstreetmap at firefishy.com>
> Just gone through your ticket. The data working group (DWG) has not
> met for a very long time. The DWG is not a very sexy working group to
> be a member of, and I know for me many other things have been taking
> higher priority of my limited free time. (I am also a member of ...

Even if open read-only access to the tracking system of DWG,
apparently it exists, because I can not believe that the hand written
Frederik ticket id. Then, even though everyone will understand that
DWG currently is not working. Or vice versa works.

We can go ahead and try to work out some approximate criteria upon
which you can delegate some work to other people who I'm sure there
are. Maybe it will local chapters or someone else.

Now it is clear that no one wants to be a black box - it's not sexy.

I think for the same reason, the recent story with Juergenian
[http://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/talk/2010-July/thread.html#51745]
continued for almost a week, though, imho, the work was there for half
an hour maximum. And this again was in the format mail list, but not
DWG.

However, I do not want to accuse of inaction Frederik or Grant. These
people have done and are doing too much for the project.
Otherwise, I seem rather strange discussions and processes arround the
new license, because it is unclear how often the observed current
license. And what are the mechanisms to bring the desired to reality.

But now I do not know what I can do. So I can technically use the
revert-tools in order to undo edits. I think that I can provide "ACT
RESPONSIBLY" for the rollback to the local community, but I think this
is not the right way.
So can I write a few tickets, but apparently now it will not change anything.