[OSM-talk] The License Change

Lester Caine lester at lsces.co.uk
Wed Aug 11 14:41:06 BST 2010

Iván Sánchez Ortega wrote:
> El día Wednesday 11 August 2010 14:43:26, 80n dijo:
>> [...] Whichever way the vote goes there will inevitably be a fork in
>> the project.  Let's get this dirty business resolved as quickly as possible
>> so that we can all go back to doing what we love as quickly as possible.
>
> +1. The sooner we get over this, the better.

I gave up on the debate over this a long time ago. Having been walked over by
big business in the past I *DO* want something in place that prevents the big
boys simply walking over us, so simply making everything PD is just a gift to
them. I'm not sure I like the alternative, but anything which is actually
enforceable has to have some teeth, and the current 'security' is just as bad as
making everything PD.

Unfortunately there are too many sharks out there how will take advantage of
anything free that they can then make money from. Perhaps we just have to give
up and simply let them? And publicise the free alternative better ...

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL