[OSM-talk] Fwd: Mapping/Naming mountain ranges, valleys, other geographic areas

Gorm E. Johnsen osmlist at gorm.cc
Wed Aug 11 16:12:45 BST 2010

Shalabh

1. As someone aptly described us, we are a do-ocracy. While I would much
like to see stuff like the North Sea (
http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/node/305639493) being rendered a little
better than today, I'm not the one with the abilities to create such a patch
for our beloved renderers. I am then left to create a ticket (
trac.openstreetmap.org) and/or to do some wikiwork.
Just as I am, you are perfectly free to start the vote yourself. Or perhaps,
as I would like to do myself: Forget about voting, extend the wikippage to
become a full feature description, use "fuzzy" as many places many places
you can think of, point at usage (at tagwatch) when you update the
trac-ticket and wake up this thread again some day, etc, etc. Thats the way
things happen.

2. Thanks! Nice to see some positive words in between all the 'poisonous'
babble here lateley...  When you come to visit, I can point you in the
direction of some still unmapped areas around here  :-)

best regards
Gorm E. Johnsen