[OSM-talk] OpenCycleMap updating?

Andy Allan gravitystorm at gmail.com
Fri Aug 13 11:15:44 BST 2010

On Fri, Aug 13, 2010 at 3:45 AM, Adam Killian <vitki at bonius.com> wrote:
> On Fri, 2010-08-13 at 11:47 +1000, Steve Bennett wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>   Wondering if anyone knows the current status of OpenCycleMap tile
>> generation. Any idea when I could expect an update in my neck of the
>> woods (Melbourne, Australia)?
>>
>> Steve
>

> Andy tweeted yesterday that his new server just started generating
> tiles, so I would think they'd start showing up soon.
>
> http://twitter.com/#search?q=%23opencyclemap

Yeah, the existing server is pretty much kaput - it's completely
overloaded. Many parts of the map haven't been re-rendered since the
start of July. It's been in a sorry state for a few months now, but I
eventually had to draw the line and stop nursing it along in order to
put all the effort into the server replacement project.

The new server is just about set up - the last of the contours are
being imported today, and the database is doing catch-up diff updates.
It'll certainly be available for testing this weekend, and if all goes
well it'll replace the current tileserver soon afterwards.

I'll blog more about it when the upgrade is all over, but for now
apologies to everyone who's waiting to see their changes.

Cheers,
Andy