[OSM-talk] Flattr donation button

Dave F. davefox at madasafish.com
Sat Aug 14 00:08:31 BST 2010

  On 13/08/2010 23:50, Gaz Davidson wrote:
> Hi
>
> I just signed up for this new Flattr micropayments thing for donating
> small amounts to projects you love (flattr.com <http://flattr.com>),
> and noticed there had been no discussion about it here. It would be a
> nice experiment to add a Flattr button to the main site and see how
> much is made in microdonations.
>
> OSM would need an account with a minimum of 2eu a month (which is
> shared between other subscribers when you click their Flattr buttons).
> It must be worth a few euros to try it out!

Hmm...

" When you're registered to flattr, you pay a small monthly fee. You set
the amount yourself. In the end of the month, that fee is divided
between all the things you flattered."

So, what if I haven't seen anyone worth 'flattering' or just one? Would
they be worth my whole months fee?

What happens if I've flattered no -one?

I've haven't seen yet how this site makes it money. Commission?

Most current of all; I hardly want to contribute *anything* to a site
that potentially calls me 'poisonous' let alone my hard earned cash.

Dave F.