[OSM-talk] Tagging Seamarks

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Tue Aug 17 19:38:34 BST 2010

Hi,

Malcolm Herring wrote:
> The data models specified in:
>
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Lights_Data_Model
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Buoy_Data_Model
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Beacon_Data_Model
> (more will follow as we progress)
>
> are all part of the OpenSeaMap project.

I was just about to suggest that they be moved, or visibly tagged, as
OpenSeaMap specific, but I see that this has just been done a few days
ago which is good. In my humble opinion, but I am not a seaman, trying
to follow someone else's ontology is a first in OSM. It has already
caused a lot of bad blood in the German community because - and again, I
say this as a bystander - certain seamarks seem to ignore that standard,
leading to them not being rendered and not properly shown in the editor,
leading to OpenSeaMap contributors to actually assign *wrong* tags to
them in order to make them show up on OpenSeaMap. I hope that has been
fixed meanwhile.

Bye
Frederik