[OSM-talk] proposal: rental=*

Tue Aug 17 22:19:08 BST 2010

At 2010-08-17 14:10, Liz wrote:
>On Tue, 17 Aug 2010, Peter Wendorff wrote:
> > It's the same question in other cases, too:
> > - post offices as service of normal shops
> > vs. selling office stuff as service of post offices
> > - kind of shops inside shops, in Germany e.g. Tchibo deals with that
> > business model a lot; the real supermarkets include pharmacys quite often
> > - a butcher inside a supermarket - or a butcher selling spices, cheese
> > etc., too.
>
>It is very common where I travel for shops to be multipurpose.
>I understand that we are restricted by the API to a single value...

NAFAIK, if I understand you correctly. That's what semi-colons are for. In
the US, for what we have traditionally called "drugstores", most of which
were gobbled up into the super-chains Walgreen's, CVS/pharmacy, and
Rite-Aid, I tag:

amenity=pharmacy
dispensing=yes
shop=chemist;stationery;convenience