[OSM-talk] collection/street relation: which one to use?

Ulf Mehlig ulf.mehlig at gmx.net
Wed Aug 18 12:25:08 BST 2010

It has been a while since the use of "collection" and "street" relations
for collections of ways belonging to the same street have been
discussed. I just had a look at

and both relations area apparently ±equally used. Of course I understand
that everybody should tag what he/she thinks suits him/her best, but in
rather "fundamental" cases like this I personally would prefer a
somewhat coordinated approach ;-)

I would be interested in your opinion on preference for one of the types
(there is a short discussion on one of the talk pages, focussing on the
dilemma of being "too specific"/"too fundamental"), as I'm trying to
make up my mind which one to use here in north Brazil, where neither of
both relations have been much applied yet.

Thanks! Ulf

 Ulf Mehlig <ulf.mehlig at gmx.net>