[OSM-talk] collection/street relation: which one to use?

Ulf Mehlig ulf.mehlig at gmx.net
Wed Aug 18 17:34:52 BST 2010

However, "associatedStreet" is maybe not the most obvious choice for
joining, say, the segments of a motorway; at least I thought,
"associatedStreet" would be used for associating single ways (street
segments) with waypoints (symbolising addresses along the street
segment) only. In addition (being, however, no native speaker of
English), using "associatedStreet" for a collection of ways sounds
strange to me.

... and then there is also the tag "relatedStreet" -- what's that? :-)

 Ulf Mehlig <ulf.mehlig at gmx.net>