[OSM-talk] Mapnik render queue stuck

Jon Burgess jburgess777 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 19 00:40:06 BST 2010

On Thu, 2010-08-19 at 08:51 +1000, John Smith wrote:
> 2010/8/19 Jonas Häggqvist <rasher at rasher.dk>:
> > I've had the same suspicion. I've asked around on IRC without response and
> > had come to the conclusion that I must be going mad, because surely such a
> > thing would be noticed instantly. Maybe not?
>
> Which is why I didn't file a bug after no one else said anything, I
> thought it must have been only me having/noticing the issue.
>
> Forcing tiles to regenerate via /dirty works, but using render_expired
> to tell renderd to expire tiles doesn't seem to have an effect any
> more.

The automated expiry mechanism is working. There would be many more
complaints if it was completely broken.

If you believe this is not the case then we need links to some specific
nodes or ways which you believe should have been rendered. Then we
someone can investigate further if there is a reason why this data is
not appearing.

	Jon