[OSM-talk] Unnamed Streets

Gregory Arenius gregory at arenius.com
Fri Aug 20 08:23:15 BST 2010

Is there any recommended way to deal with streets with no names?  I don't
mean streets that have a name and we just haven't added that to OSM yet.  I
mean, how do we deal with streets that really don't have a name.

I've seen two courses of action used.  One is to just leave the name field
blank and the other is to name the street "unnamed street" or "unnamed
road".

We could also add a tag named=no to specify that the street really has no
name.

What do people feel is the best way to do this?

Cheers,
Greg