[OSM-talk] Let's prepare to Fork OSM to a CCBYSA 2.0 continuation

Robert Scott lists at humanleg.org.uk
Sun Aug 22 12:12:30 BST 2010

On Sunday 22 August 2010, Jenny Campbell wrote:
> everyone else's concerns

You are trying to make it sound like there are a huge number of people that agree with you. Perhaps you genuinely believe that. If so I think you are tremendously mistaken. It is a very vocal minority. There have been threats of a fork for about a year now from what I can remember. They have not gone anywhere so far. The only effect they have had is to be disruptive to those of us who want to be productive and use the various lists to discuss our productive activities. -talk has become near useless for that. I think most fork-threateners have no intention of doing anything other than disrupt things until they get their way.

On Sunday 22 August 2010, Felix Hartmann wrote:
> Why should We?
>
> Is this mailinglist excluding anyone who does not agree to the Odbl? If
> so then clearly state this somewhere and tell everyone else so fuck off.

You are proposing to start your own project. This project would not be OSM. This is a list to discuss OSM.

I can't believe I have got sucked in to this, but I've spent so long watching this list degenerate.

robert.