[OSM-talk] Let's prepare to Fork OSM to a CCBYSA 2.0 continuation

Renaud MICHEL r.h.michel+osm at gmail.com
Sun Aug 22 13:06:29 BST 2010

Le dimanche 22 août 2010 à 13:08, Florian Heer a écrit :
> > This means we have to find a new domain, new servers, and get the
> > usernames/passwords copied so people can login to the CCBYSA 2.0 fork
> > without new registration.
>
> I think this could be a real problem. Because I for one do not agree to
> have my log in credentials copied to any other server.

I agree with that.
Although my login informations in OSM are not very sensible, I expect them
to be reasonably confidential and only accessible to a few administrators.
I have no problem if the data I contributed is copied  by [one or multiple]
fork (that's why a full history dump has been created, cf
http://planet.openstreetmap.org/full-experimental/ ), but as those forks
would be different projects I expect the account I created in OSM to be
confined in that project.

If, after some though, I decide I prefer to work on a fork, then I will
create a new account there, possibly using the same user name if it is still
available, or a new one.

--
Renaud Michel