[OSM-talk] NearMap Community Licence and OSM Contributor Terms

Richard Fairhurst richard at systemed.net
Sun Aug 22 16:21:55 BST 2010

Chris Browet wrote[1]:
> The fact that many key players (SteveC, Frederik, Richard(?)) in the
> project also have commercial interests in the OSM data

Wut?

I don't have any commercial interest in OSM, at all. I'm a magazine editor.
We do have maps in our magazine but we (well, I) make them using Ordnance
Survey OpenData, SRTM, and tracings from the New Popular Edition sheets
which I bought, scanned and rectified at my own expense. OSM data is too
fiddly and too uneven to be of any use for small-scale mapping when there's
lovely, consistent Ordnance Survey data available instead.

cheers
Richard

[1] a week or so ago. I've been on holiday.