[OSM-talk] Let's prepare to Fork OSM to a CCBYSA 2.0 continuation

Renaud MICHEL r.h.michel+osm at gmail.com
Sun Aug 22 16:59:27 BST 2010

Le dimanche 22 août 2010 à 14:13, vous avez écrit :
> > If, after some though, I decide I prefer to work on a fork, then I will
> > create a new account there, possibly using the same user name if it is
> > still available, or a new one.
>
> I don't think making passwords publicly available is a good idea,

Actually, I'm not very concerned about the password (I don't reuse
passwords), but more about the email I used to create the account at the
time, which is a more personal email, as it was (and still is) guaranteed
not to be displayed publicly.

> but it might be a sign of good faith on OSM(F)'s behalf if it were to
> facilitate an easy method for people waiting to claim their
> account/edits on a forked database.

Actually, that would be more a sign that they are not trustworthy.

--
Renaud Michel