[OSM-talk] Tagging Scheme Recommendations: highway=path, footway, trail?

John F. Eldredge john at jfeldredge.com
Thu Aug 26 21:12:08 BST 2010

Wouldn't that only be used on the section of the path that actually has the steps, however?  I am wondering how (or if) you would tag the entire path to indicate that you can, legally, use a bicycle or motorcycle on it, but it isn't well-suited to such use.  Another reason that you might want to tag a path in such a manner would be if it had stepping-stones across a stream, rather than a bridge.