[OSM-talk] [Tagging] Culvert and average contributor

John F. Eldredge john at jfeldredge.com
Fri Aug 27 22:24:01 BST 2010

I have seen the "open-top culvert" design on hiking trails, but did not know what it was called.  I agree that these should be tagged differently from conventional culverts, as they are so different from what is usually meant by culvert.  Otherwise, someone watching for a conventional pipe culvert is likely to walk right past, without realizing that they have reached their landmark.